AMA Tampa Bay is gearing up to do some serious community building online. Last week we announced the selection of Fry Hammond Barr to help us do it.
Now, what exactly will we do?
First, we plan to set up a members-only section within our new website because, if you’re paying for AMA membership, you deserve something good in return! This section will offer valuable marketing information and opportunities only available to AMA Tampa Bay members. Our goals for our members-only section are the following:
- Expand knowledge: We want to serve as an educational resource for marketing professionals. Our members-only section will offer an archive with marketing related information that isn’t available elsewhere online, or at least isn’t available elsewhere for free.
- Share information: Our site will offer a place for you to post information, solicit feedback from others, and discuss any marketing topic that interests you. This will be your opportunity to create an online presence and connect with others in the AMA community.
- Job search: We’ll offer a network for members to leverage during a job search. We have many connections with reputable companies in the Tampa Bay area. They’re all looking for passionate talented marketing employees at one point or another. What better place to magnify your search than AMA?
- Recruitment: AMA members will be able to leverage our network to recruit for permanent and contract positions. If you are looking for marketing candidates, you won’t have to spend time weeding out resumes of non-marketers!
- Find business opportunities: Our members-only section will have requests for proposal (RFPs) and other types of business opportunities listed here that you wouldn’t find elsewhere. We’ll create a space where you can find, connect with, and respond to potential clients.
Outside of the members-only section, you’ll find other features that focus on connecting our website to social media and to other websites. Our first courses of action are the following:
- Blog: Our blog will update you on AMA’s latest plans, issues, and events. This will also be a good place to start discussions about what we’ve posted, make suggestions, etc.
- Dynamic updates/social media: Our site will feature dynamic updates and will be fully integrated with our social media pages.
- Integration with AMA national chapter: Our site will be fully integrated with the AMA national site. Navigating from one site to the other will be easy. Also, information on the national site that would be useful to our Tampa members will also be available on AMA Tampa’s site. This will offer opportunities for you to connect with AMA members outside of Florida.
Our plans will start with what’s listed above and will continue to grow beyond this. We’re always open to feedback, so please let us know if you have any ideas about other features you believe we should add. We have an exciting journey ahead of us and we hope you’ll join the ride!
About the Author
Chiara is a Digital Content Creator for AMA Tampa Bay.In her day job, she currently serves as Director of a non-profit medical research organization called Winning the Fight Against Neurodegenerative Diseases, otherwise known as Winning the Fight. She co-founded the organization in 2010 and directs Winning the Fight’s marketing and fundraising projects. She is currently earning her MBA with a specialty in marketing from the University of South Florida.Prior to switching careers to be near family, Chiara worked in the national defense field via her employment with Booz Allen Hamilton, a global defense consulting firm. She lived in Washington, DC and served the United States Department of Defense with a focus on global terrorism issues. Prior to her defense work, she earned her BA in International Studies from American University’s School of International Services in 2007.Chiara’s hobbies include obstacle racing, running, swimming, kayaking, SCUBA diving, and opera/classical singing. She also loves country music and chocolate!You can contact Chiara at Chiara@winningthefight.org